Do you have children?
Do you own property together?
Do you have retirement accounts?
How will you properly and fairly divide your assets?
Although Florida is a no-fault divorce state (which means you don’t need the approval of the other party to get divorced) there are so many questions and decisions that go into a divorce.
That is why, at the Law Offices of Jacqueline A. Salcines, PA we take time to get to know our clients. Once we understand what is most important to you, it is then and only then that we can represent you thoroughly and efficiently.
Your divorce may take one of two paths:
- Uncontested-Both parties are mutually agreeable to the divorce and generally all issues of minor children, child support, property division and others are agreed to in advance.Generally, I ask that the husband and wife to come in together. Attorney Jacqueline A. Salcines personally sits down with you and will work to iron out all the issues and draft a Marital Settlement Agreement that is fair and impartial to all parties involved.
The costs are minimal as typically your spouse will not be required to be served and you can be divorced in less than 45 days.
This type of divorce is initiated by one party, and typically the wife or husband are not in agreement. There may be issues regarding child support, alimony, or property division which requires taking the matter before the Judge.
With extensive knowledge in family law, I can help you work out an agreement or narrow the issues, either by mediation or settlement, so that you are protected.
Allow me to vigorously fight for your rights in court.
Initial Determination of Child Support
Child support is a regular payment from one parent to the other after a divorce or separation. The court awards support on a case by case basis in accordance with Florida Child support guideline and considers the following factors:
- Income of the non-custodial parent and ability to pay
- Income of the custodial parent
- The child’s standard of living before divorce
- Medical and education needs of the children
Services also include:
- Simplified divorce
- Uncontested divorce
- Child Support modifications
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Enforcement of Marital Settlement Agreements and Final Judgments
Whether you need a divorce, have custody or child support issues, or need to revise your estate plan, because of a divorce or any other reason, attorney Jacqueline A. Salcines, Esq. can confidently assist you. When it comes to your family, this is the most important decision you can make. Don’t make it lightly and contact me for sound legal advice and assistance.