At the Law Office of Jacqueline A. Salcines, PA, in Coral Gables, we have been providing legal representation on debt settlement matters to Florida consumers for over 20 years. Dealing with debt collectors and collection agencies is no small task. We understand that many consumers are facing very difficult economic times with losses of income, unemployment, reduction in pay, medical issues, layoffs, high mortgage payments, and high credit card interest rates. As a result, you may have been forced to stop paying your credit card or unsecured debts.
You Have Rights In Negotiating Your Debt Settlement
Debt collectors and collection agencies count on two things:
- That you don’t know the law
- That you will not stand up for your rights
Third-party debt collection agencies, as well as their attorneys, are governed under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). This act is in place to protect you. If a bill collector calls you to collect an unpaid debt and demands payments, make sure you know your position in that conversation. In many cases, debt collectors do not follow the rules and laws put in place to protect consumers. Debt collectors fail to provide documentation and paperwork to validate your debt settlement, as well as conduct abusive and harassing phone calls and other misrepresentations.
Our strategic debt solutions services can help you stabilize your finances through a range of potential options, including:
- Defend a collections lawsuit in court, including litigation involving Dyck O’Neal collections efforts. We review the details and record to determine if the bill collector has made crucial legal mistakes that could lead to dismissal of the debt collection lawsuit and a write-off of your debt.
- Negotiate the balance and obtain a payment plan to cancel the debt
- Negotiate a short payoff — lump sum for pennies on the dollar