Third-party debt collection agencies, as well as their attorneys, are governed under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). This act is in place to protect you. If a bill collector calls you to collect an unpaid debt and demands payments, make sure you know your position in that conversation. In many cases, debt collectors do not follow the rules and laws put in place to protect consumers. Debt collectors fail to provide documentation and paperwork to validate your debt settlement, as well as to conduct abusive and harassing phone calls and other misrepresentations.
Our strategic debt solutions services can help you stabilize your finances through a range of potential options, including:
- Defend a collections lawsuit in court, including litigation involving Dyck O’Neal collections efforts. We review the details and record to determine if the bill collector has made crucial legal mistakes that could lead to dismissal of the debt collection lawsuit and a write-off of your debt.
- Negotiate the balance and obtain a payment plan to cancel the debt
- Negotiate a short payoff — lump sum for pennies on the dollar
Our attorney and legal professionals also provide services for clients interested in:
- Alternatives to foreclosure, including short sales and loan modifications
- Deed in lieu of foreclosure
- Foreclosure defense litigation